- 1 lb 98% lean ground beef You can use 96% too, but try 98% if you can find it!
- 1/3 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 5 tbs egg beaters Any egg substitute will work!
- 3 tbs low sugar ketchup Regular ketchup will work too.
- 1 tbs stone ground mustard or yellow mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbs stone ground mustart or yellow mustart
- 1/4 cup low sugar ketchup Regular ketchup will work too.
Servings: 1 loaf
- Line baking dish with foil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, oats, chopped onions, egg beaters, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, put the mixture on the baking sheet and create a loaf that is about 11 inches by 4-5 inches.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients.
- Spread the ingredients over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let it sit for about 8-10 minutes before slicing and serving. I cut 10 slices and each serving is two slices.
When making a traditional dish like meatloaf, I like to simply serve it with a baked potato and steamed broccoli. Tonight I'm microwaving some baked potatoes (poke holes and microwave for 7-10 minutes). I'll top the potatoes with fat free, plain greek yogurt and bacon bits. It is a perfect, hot meal!
Share this Recipe